Thursday, September 1, 2011

Holy & Common

Have we lost sight of the concept of Holy and common in our youth ministries?
Is there a place for the sacred without our youth ministries?

I was reading in Ezekiel this morning and ran across this verse in 22:26.

"Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them."

Is there anything sacred in my youth ministry?
Is there anything that we do weekly to communicate that stepping into the church, coming into the presence of God and gathering with the Body of Christ is wholly and Holy different than anything else we might do?
Do students leave with a sense that they have been in the presence of God?... or just godly people?

What would it look like to teach Holiness?... to create a Holy environment for our students?

No comments:

Post a Comment